Doğuş Otomotiv has strived to balance profitability levels and market share in 2017 while ensuring that corporate strategies are applied. In the rapidly digitalizing automotive industry where technological developments play a significant role, the company regards digital transformation as a top priority in improving service quality and strengthening business processes. Accordingly, the Digital Transformation Department was formed in 2017 pursuant to a Doğuş Otomotiv Board of Directors resolution by appointing a Chief Digital Officer (CDO) an important step was taken. Within the same context, Doğuş Otomotiv started to work with Boston Consulting Group (BCG) in 2018. This cooperation will encompass review of Doğuş Otomotiv’s critical business processes, identifying development areas and further enhancing our priorities, particularly in digitalization through value flow diagrams.
As a result, our goal for the upcoming period is to continue to strengthen our cost management in line with the Company’s vision and mission, to implement digital transformation in all possible business processes, to create “fan customers” and to be a productive company that develops sustainably for our employees, business partners, customers and shareholders.
To provide innovative services beyond expectations.
Doğuş Otomotiv is an automotive company with a customer-focused approach and deep insights into the industry, that understands stakeholder expectations, defines new requirements and delivers them with excellence, that possesses creative manpower and uses technology optimally in this regard to provide efficient and profitable services across the automotive value chain.
Corporate strategies are based on the following goals:
Corporate strategies are based on the following goals:
BE SIZABLE – BE CLOSE – BE CREATIVE
BE SIZABLE: For Doğuş Otomotiv to achieve systematic, efficient and profitable expansion in value chain areas in Turkey and international markets and ensure career development of human resource,
BE CLOSE: To acquire insights into the expectations of our stakeholders and particularly our customers and elevate our relations with them to levels of perfection beyond expectations as rapidly as possible; to establish effective systems to achieve operational excellence, monitoring and analyzing financial and operational position closely.
BE CREATIVE: To create distinction and a competitive edge through constant innovations based on a participative approach to product development, customer service and business concept; to develop actions and methods that will render the business in a “leaner, faster, affordable” manner with participation and teamwork in process improvement.
To create distinction and a competitive edge through constant innovations based on a participative approach to product development, customer service and business concept; to develop actions and methods that will render the business in a “leaner, faster, affordable” manner with participation and teamwork in process improvement.
Since its inception, Doğuş Otomotiv, in line with its strategic plans, has focused on strengthening its position in the industry, forming and expanding its Authorized Dealer and Aftersales Service network, and improving recognition and image of the brands it represents in the domestic market. Following the Company’s initial public offering in 2004 as an importer and distributor of all the brands it embodies, the Company has evolved its strategy by focusing on the development and performance of its other core and automotive-related ancillary businesses with a local and global perspective.
We aim at being the first institution to implement our newly developed applications using innovation and technology, and creating synergy with our employees and other stakeholders based on our Company’s sustainable and stable growth strategy. Therefore, we see it as our priority to work on new projects to continuously increase the quality of our core and automotive-related ancillary businesses. Furthermore, based on the knowledge and experience we have accumulated for more than 20 years as well as the success we attained we intend to expand our business activities by capturing new opportunities.
Knowing that the long-term success of Doğuş Otomotiv can only be sustained through the ultimate satisfaction of our stakeholders, we have built our strategy on four pillars:
One Step Beyond Customer Satisfaction: Turning Customers into Fans!
With uncompromising customer satisfaction-oriented dynamic and attentive service approach, our strategy is to make our customers feel they are valued and offer high quality and creative service by attending to all of their demands and needs.
●Value and Care Center (DIM) that supports our brands at every stage of the customer life cycle became operational in November 2014.
● In the upcoming period, we will work on being constantly connected and accessible for our customers through “Connectivity” to generate quick and creative solutions in every instance that we communicate.
● With a virtual showroom concept that offers a digital experience for customers, the “Audi Cities” represent the future of the current “store” culture; these life-size, virtual versions of all Audi models can be shown on giant LED screens.
Achieving Operational Excellence through Increase in Productivity!
Doğuş Otomotiv offers sales, aftersales service and spare parts services for 12 international brands at more than 510 customer touch points and aims to continue its activities as Turkey’s leader in automotive imports and distribution by achieving optimum profitability.
● Our internet-based and mobile device compatible software “Turkuaz”, already used by Doğuş Otomotiv and all Authorized Dealers/Aftersales Services, adds value to the automotive processes by including manufacturers and suppliers as well and with constant software updates, it serves our digitalization targets significantly.
● In accordance with the efforts to achieve sustainable efficiency in shipments originating at the ports and in light of the increasing volume of our Company, the stockyard expansion project will soon to be launched.
● The aim is to identify development areas through continuous measurement of quality standards at all customer touch points and to review the capacities of Authorized Dealers for the purpose of making revisions.
● The employee infrastructure will be reinforced for more efficiency as business volume in our Company increases and new technologies are integrated.
● Investment opportunities will be continually assessed for new business areas and the Company’s development plans will be reviewed.
● Within the scope of Lean Management practices, necessary programs will be implemented to ensure that our employees contribute to the efficiency of business processes and savings-oriented process improvement programs will be launched.
Maintaining Leadership in the Automotive Market!
● The company aims at maintaining its market leadership in the automotive industry and optimized profitability in its operations.
● The company aims to enable the international brands it represents to perform successfully in Turkey and to benefit from those brands’ value and competitive advantage to ensure sustainable growth with “creative service beyond expectations” vision and “customer-satisfaction oriented work” principle.
Fan Employees are Essential for Creating Fan Customers!
The Company offers a common culture for more than two thousand valuable employees, engages in innovative and sustainable human resources practices and carries out projects that improve employee experience and loyalty.
● The company’s employer brand “Bir’iz” (Together) gives the message of “we act together and make our mark”, which is spread across the company through brand ambassadors.
● “GO - Development School”, built on the basis of gamification-motivation for training, offers a digital platform where the focus is on employee experience, allowing employees to have fun as they develop, win rewards, write blog posts and perform mutual trainer-employee assessments. In this manner, employees are able to monitor their personal and professional development and training processes and improve their social engagement within the company.
● Talent management in our company includes a system based on potential and succession plans. Talents showing potential according to specific criteria are selected to participate in a series of training and development programs. Coaching and mentoring programs are also offered by the Company within the scope of Talent Management.
● With the biannual Employee Commitment and Satisfaction Survey conducted companywide, the employees’ commitment to the company is scored based on the principle of confidentiality and development areas are identified. According to the results, action plans to improve employee commitment are created and the activities to be carried out during the year are also included in the executive level targets.
● In accordance with the activities of the “Equality at Work” platform, coaching and mentoring training is provided for women in the Company as they are offered opportunities to get prepared for the next management level. With this program, female employees are supported about managing their own impact, which contributes to their personal/professional development. Several other practices have been introduced to help women achieve better work/private life balance.
● With the DRIVE (Doğuş Otomotiv’s Route is toward People and Education) team, the objective is to support the development of Doğuş Otomotiv authorized dealers with Doğuş Otomotiv’s corporate structure and values and to integrate Human Resources processes to achieve sustainable success in customer satisfaction with business results. With Drive, investments are made for continuous improvement of employees working at authorized dealers and aftersales services. Within this scope, consultancy support is provided for the development of human resources processes at more than 510 Authorized Dealers and Aftersales Service Centers where 7,500 employees work.
● Training and development activities such as expert guest speakers and seminars, personalized educational content, online trainings, development festivals and university collaborations; activities that support work-private life balance such as adjusting working hours, practices for female employees and gender equality and activities for employees’ children; activities aimed at creating employee experiences such as personalized birthday gifts, festivals, happy hours, healthy lifestyle practices (dieticians, pilates, yoga) and artistic activities are carried out to make each employee feel valued and special.
The programs that Doğuş Otomotiv develops and carries out to enhance employee experience and satisfaction are addressed in detail in the annual Corporate Sustainability Reports.
Board of Directors’ Working Principles
The Board of Directors conducts its activities in a transparent, accountable, fair, and responsible manner. Separate individuals perform the duties of the Chairman of the Board of Directors and Chief Executive Officer.
The Board of Directors plays a key role in maintaining effective communication with shareholders and resolving possible disputes. For this purpose, the Board of Directors works in close cooperation with the Investor Relations Department.
While performing its duties and responsibilities, the Board of Directors engages in continuous and effective collaboration with executives. When deemed necessary, executives participate in the Board meetings. The responsibilities and duties of the Board members and executives are covered in the Articles 9 through 13 of the Articles of Association.
The Board Members of the Company are covered by an umbrella insurance, the “Directors and Officers Liability Insurance Policy” by Doğuş Holding A.Ş. as insurer for an amount of $25 million per annum against any damages resulting from their managerial misconduct that may have adverse financial consequences to the company.
With regard to the working principles and procedures of the Board of Directors:
● Administrative structure, duties, and responsibilities of the Board of Directors
● Processes for calling Board members to meetings, and preparation for meetings
● Information on the frequency and planning of annual meetings
● Method used to set meeting agenda
● Process of sharing information and documents with the Board members regarding agenda items
● Each member having the right to one vote,
● Obligation of the Board members to share information with one another, and of executives to inform the Board of Directors.
● Distribution of duties and responsibilities within the Board of Directors, and committees,
● Performance appraisal of the Board of Directors, and several other topics stated in the principles are adjudicated. In execution, this regulation is applied.
Doğuş Otomotiv 2018 Strategy