Sustainable supply chain management is among the material topics of Doğuş Otomotiv due to its main field of activity related to direct imports, distributorship, authorized dealers and aftersales service centers and logistics services. The processes that we manage in the Supply Chain in terms of both environmental issues and also risk management, audit and development approach in social and economic development topics led us to progress toward more systematic and concrete targets in 2018. They also enable us to raise more awareness and continue to be a part of the change and solution.
At Doğuş Otomotiv, purchasing department supply chain structure is addressed in 17 different categories. Doğuş Otomotiv develops and improves its sustainable supply chain structure every year and elevates it to international standards. The following have been added to Doğuş Otomotiv supplier selection criteria:
● Whether or not water consumption is measured and what kind of activities are carried out regarding water reduction,
● Collection and disposal of waste material in accordance with the laws and regular follow-up,
● Whether or not there are anti-discrimination policies within the company,
● Whether or not the laws regarding occupational health and safety are respected and whether or not policies, risk assessment mechanisms and employee training are available in this respect,
● Availability of internal customer satisfaction practices
● Compliance with and commitment to Doğuş Otomotiv Code of Ethics and Business Conduct Principles. This clause is also included in the agreements with our suppliers.
Aiming to improve our product and service quality by category, supplier selection/audit and evaluation processes are continuously improved. During the Supplier Main Criteria and Evaluation stage, which is evaluated in 17 different categories, specific documents are requested for each category (ISO 9001-2015, ISO 22000, OHSAS 18001, TSI HYB, ISO 14001, TS ISO 10002TSE, SSI and Tax Debt, etc.) and the companies are informed about completing these documents and are expected to make progress in these areas.
The sustainability performances of our Suppliers can be found in the related section of our web site and the Report.
Spare Parts and Logistics Operations
Spare Parts and Logistics involve imports, storage and shipping to Authorized Aftersales Service Centers the vehicles and spare parts of Volkswagen, Audi, SEAT, ŠKODA, Porsche, Bentley, Lamborghini and Scania, some of the world’s most prestigious brands, as well as Scania Industrial and Marine Engines and Thermo King Mobile Temperature Control Systems and their spare parts.
Spare Parts and Logistics prioritizes digitalization investments to create effective e-supply chain management (Industry 4.0) and generates projects for continuous improvement of spare parts operating systems. Furthermore, reducing distribution time and costs to enable the organization to work with lower inventory costs and to support the sales of new vehicles is among the Company’s material topics. Spare Parts and Logistics uses advanced technologies and inventory management systems that rapidly adapt to changing customer demands with the aim of carrying out the operation seamlessly.
Spare Parts and Logistics has made a move in 2013 regarding facilities by doubling its installed capacity in order to improve service quality and to ensure continuity due to the anticipated increase in business volume over the next 10 years. The automation systems investments that began in 2014 accelerated the spare parts warehousing and distribution and minimized error rates. Spare Parts and Logistics continued its “shipment from port” project, which was implemented with a leading vision in the field of vehicle logistics, by warehousing and importing vehicles at the port, and achieved significant improvements in customer delivery time by distributing vehicles from the port to Authorized Dealers. In addition, the department took digitalization steps in Inventory Site Management and vehicle shipments to Authorized Dealers using RFID technology. Spare Parts and Logistics was able to save on CO2 emissions caused by logistics with the intermodal route system. Starting in 2014, the department moved to a centralized structure to include Authorized Aftersales Service Centers in waste management and took successful steps in waste management and collection.
Spare Parts and Logistics provides the following services in order to contribute to ultimate customer satisfaction by offering the high quality of goods and services needed by Authorized Dealers and Aftersales Service Centers:
• Carrying out imports and homologation operations of all group brand vehicles,
• Protection of vehicles belonging to Doğuş Otomotiv brands in the warehouse and stock areas and delivery to Authorized Dealers,
• Ordering, importing, storing, managing inventory and distributing the spare parts and accessories of Doğuş Otomotiv brands according to orders,
• Monitoring the targets and realizations related to qualitative and quantitative parts bonus criteria of Authorized Services,
• Fulfilling the obligations of DOAŞ and Authorized Aftersales Service Centers pursuant to environmental legislation and reducing environmental impact, which is an important part of corporate responsibility.
• Developing a quality-focused business approach
• Playing the role of strategy setting in spare part activities, creating a vision and sharing it with brand representatives, creating added value in increasing the market shares of group brands,
• Achieving operational excellence in terms of speed/quality/cost with employee engagement,
• Leading in digitalization investments and developing projects for continuous improvement of spare parts operating systems in order to create effective e-supply chain management (Industry 4.0),
• Reducing distribution time and costs to enable the organization to operate with lower inventory costs and supporting new vehicle sales,
• Increasing sales volume by finding new resources for accessory marketing activities is among the priority targets of Spare Parts and Logistics.